iHeartMedia And Elton John To Celebrate Paramount Pictures’ Rocketman With A Massive Roadblock Event On iHeartRadio Stations Nationwide
Music Icon Joins iHeartRadio Stations Across the Country During Thursday Afternoon Drive Time to Discuss His Life and Music and How They Influenced Paramount’s Film Rocketman on the Eve of Its Friday Opening
WHAT: Paramount Pictures is partnering with iHeartMedia to build instant awareness across the U.S. about the highly-anticipated release of the new film, Rocketman, with an hour-long on-air radio special with the iconic and legend himself Elton John on May 30 at 5 p.m. ET/PT. The exclusive on-air special will feature Elton John as he personally introduces his favorite hits of all time and shares captivating stories across more than 120 iHeartRadio AC, Hot AC, Classic Rock, and Oldies stations nationwide and digitally. Hundreds of millions of fans will tune in to get a sneak peek into the new film about Elton John’s life and legendary music. iHeartMedia stations nationwide will also build anticipation to film’s Friday, May 31 release of Rocketmanwith an official countdown across its stations.
Elton John will share some of his favorite hits including “Your Song,” “Bennie and the Jets,” “Tiny Dancer” and “Rocket Man.” In addition, leading up to the radio special, snippets from the exclusive special will be featured in iHeartRadio’s Icons: Real talk with the greatest minds in music and culturepodcast hosted by Disgraceland’s Jake Brennan.
Featured quotes from Elton John include:
- “Music saved me and that’s why there’s music all the way through the film. It’s been a constant in my life since I was a little boy. It saved me because I still kept working when I was mis-behaving and doing drugs…I’m still alive because of that…”
- “I want people to come away with the thought that yes, you can survive…and you need your friends to help you through…”
- “I'm loving every second of it, because it's honest and it's truthful, even though it's a fantasy. It's truthful about me.”
- “Somebody suggested not having it in the film…I could not leave the fact that I got married and I was a gay man out of the movie…”
WHO: Paramount Pictures, iHeartMedia and Elton John Celebrate the Premiere of Rocketman.
WHEN: Radio Broadcast with Elton John (60 minutes):
- Thursday, May 30 at 5 p.m. local time
- EMBED: <iframe allow="autoplay" width="300" height="400" src="https://www.iheart.com/podcast/1119-icons-the-greatest-minds-44314684/?embed=true" frameborder="0"></iframe>
MORE INFO: For more information including the full audio script and podcast embed please contact: